Hack Your City
Represent DuckDuckGo in your city! We're excited to announce that we're accepting applications for volunteers to lead monthly DuckDuckHack developer meetup groups. These meetup groups aim to bring like-minded DuckDuckHack community members together to eat, chat, and hack on Instant Answers for the DuckDuckGo search engine. The bill is on us 😄
Leaders will work closely with staff and community members to build up their city's group long-term and help shape the global meetup program. If you're interested in starting your town's DuckDuckHack meetup group, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your answers to the questions below.
- What's your name?
- What city are you representing?
- What's your shipping address (and phone # if outside the USA --for customs)?
- What's your background in the DuckDuckHack community? You do not need to be a DuckDuckHack expert or experienced developer to host a meetup. We’ll provide you with resources like live help and an overview of FAQs, so all you need to do is know how to find help when others need it!
- Have you built (or majorly fixed) an Instant Answer with DuckDuckHack before? If Yes, please link to your Instant Answer file(s)
- Have you hosted meetup groups before (technical or non-technical meetup groups)?
- Where do you plan to hold your meetup? If you're not sure yet, just tell us a few places that would be ideal.
After emailing, you'll hear back from me (Zac) with instructions for next steps.
Edit: check out the overview of organizing a group and meetup event.