Weekly Update 73: Relevancy and triggering
We need some help with relevancy this week and some triggering help as well to make Instant Answers more visible! If you're interested, check out the links below!
Newly Released Instant Answers:
- Anime by Jean Lucas de Carvalho
- Bay Area Bike Sharing by Mariano Simone
- Homebrew by Salvatore Gentile
- Poker Hands
Give probabilities and stats of a given poker hand.
Return a description of the patent when you search for a certain patent number.
- Pizza under $10
Search for food in your area based on price!
- Timer: Update progress bar color for dark theme
We're currently showing a white progress bar on the dark theme which is a little visually jarring.
- Coursebuffet: Should trigger on "Learn X Online"
There are other ways to make this Instant Answer trigger more!
- UV Index: Should be the default tab
Typing in "uv index" shows the "About" tab instead of the Instant Answer itself.
- AUR: Third-party Issues
It seems the AUR API is having trouble with our callback format, and throws an error if we pass a callback with underscores.
- Octopart: triggering for "specs"
Octopart is trigging too much especially when it comes to unrelated queries.
- Nutrition: Improve relevancy checking
"protein in turkey bacon" and all other "protein in " queries trigger the Nutrition Instant Answer, but we're not showing any results.
Have a good weekend!
- The DuckDuckGo Staff