anonymous
Please take these requests seriously and add Date Filter / Range support.

thanks.

posted by [Old Forum guest] • 5 years and 1 month ago Link

zac
It's not that we're ignoring requests for features :) We take everyone's feedback seriously---it's our only way of knowing what our users want! This request (and a few others) are particularly tricky because we use multiple sources. That means, these sources has to support the ability to sort by date, search within a date range, etc. To keep adding certain types of features sometimes means we can't provide a diversity of results (or more accurate results). We wouldn't do that just to half-support sort-by-date.

We're actively working toward adding more date support and we're constantly monitoring our sources to allow for more advanced search functions.

-Zac

DuckDuckGo Community Manager
posted by zac Staff5 years and 1 month ago Link
anonymous
There is no possibility of post-filtering the results you receive? Maybe if the DDG search syntax had date filters, the results when those are used could be not only filtered by date but also restricted to only the providers that report the HTTP Date fields.

I'll agree with everyone else here, it's the only reason I use !g, and I do that a lot. What are the stats on how often !g is used?
posted by <hidden> • 3 years and 9 months ago Link