anonymous
don't take it personally, but that chart is pretty useless. there were a lot of guest comments nominating things, and other people will not have posted anything, because their favourites were already nominated by somebody else. how do we know the reactos-postings were not all done by the same person, for example?
posted by [Old Forum guest] • 6 years and 2 months ago Link

anonymous
True, there are a lot of guests posting, and nobody knows if they are the same person. Plus one can always create multiple user accounts, if they really wanted to. So, I want to expand on your comment, guest, and ask a question to who ever knows the answer. How will DDG decide who the community wants to donate to?
posted by [Old Forum bee.keeper] • 6 years and 2 months ago Link
yegg
Like last year, we are taking the nominations as suggestions. We would like to concentrate on a theme, and also donate to places where our donation would really make a difference (bang for the buck). Any suggestions that would help us organize around these lines would be greatly appreciated.
posted by yegg Staff6 years and 2 months ago Link
anonymous
I think the forum platform may allow moderators to check users' IPs or something like that?

About how DDG will decide...
Well, I think this thread is like suggestions we're making to inspire them and in the end they'll choose some from the suggestions, some not posted here that they already know, maybe related to privacy, etc. If it works that way it's fine.
posted by [Old Forum rafaelluik] • 6 years and 2 months ago Link