dashesy
I think it is only a matter of time, before the official way will be the only way, so maybe you should recommend the correct way and one time mark the rest as obsolete and ready for removal.  After obsolete you can show a warning educating the correct form like (did you mean !g instead of g!)
posted by dashesy 5 years and 4 months ago Link

zac
We don't have any short term plans of updating this and we can't really see a reason to. The growing list of !bangs don't grow proportionally in cases where someone is unintentionally led to a site. The amount of false-positives should stay pretty low so the exceptions list should stay pretty lean too. 

TL:Dr: No plans of ever updating this again. 

-Zac 

DuckDuckGo Community Manager
posted by zac Staff5 years and 4 months ago Link
zac
1 hate 180 degree turns and apologize for any frustration but, 2 years later, I have to go back on my Tl;Dr;

This was updated recently to remove the ability to do the !bang at the end. I did a bad job of predicting the growth of both the !bangs list and the number of queries containing an intentional exclamation. As far as we can tell, it was over 99% of cases where the !bang is at the beginning but we truly care for even the 1 last person using a feature/syntax. Sorry for that folks! We aim to minimize groupthink.
posted by zac Staff3 years and 3 months ago Link