yegg
Awesome. What would it take to make it work on IE? I just did that inline stuff on the homepage to not have to grab a css file for it, but at this point it is somewhat irrelevant since you need one for every other page. So I can make everything have an ID if that works.

Also, what are your thoughts on changing the DuckDuckGo font on the bottom of the logo to Futura or another similar font? Just wondering as several people have wrote in suggesting that and one person suggested that particular font.
posted by yegg Staff7 years and 11 months ago Link

anonymous
I like Futura. Or maybe something like Mr. Eaves (like Mrs. Eaves except its a sans serif). I came up with a few new logos. The font and spacing of the font are wrong. Just experimenting with the green. Just used helvetica.

posted by [Old Forum gu3miles] • 7 years and 11 months ago Link
anonymous
IDs for different elements would make it a lot easier to write selectors.
If I use a snippet of javascript to temporarily insert IDs in IE, I get this:

As you can see, the rounded corners are missing because there's no support for border-radius.

If you want to use this as the real site style and not an installable userstyle, replacing old styling rules would be easy. Migrating from inline styling to a separate stylesheet would also be trivial if some IDs were added. (Rounded corners can either be simulated with images/javascript or removed completely to give consistency between all browsers.)

As for the DDG logo font, Futura Medium would look nice. It would match the boldness of the duck icon while having a sort of futuristic/retro feel.
Gu3miles suggests Mr Eaves, which has a lovely lowercase 'u' character with a tail' which adds character to the logo.
It's a really though choice because the font is a very important part of the branding when you're on the web.

I'll try playing around a bit and see if I can come up with font and logo ideas.
posted by [Old Forum mrmagical] • 7 years and 11 months ago Link