anonymous
Add height: 41px; to #sxw and remove the padding-bottom.
The padding doesn't seem to work correctly because of the floats, but this isn't needed when things have a fixed height.

Edit:

It's lovely when IE breaks for some unknown reason.
Apparently, IE has to add a second border to the button (with the same colour as background-color).

Possible Solutions:
1. Move the border to a span wrapping the button.
2. Recolour the border by changing the background-color property to something like #8CCE6E (Making it look like a feature).
3. Use a picture type input element instead.
posted by [Old Forum mrmagical] • 7 years and 5 months ago Link

yegg
What is the height fixing, or is it just general clean up? I added it but didn't notice any changes on iPad. I added the background-color for IE and it seems to look pretty nice. I can dynamically add styles to the iPad if there was anything to fix it. Otherwise, it can just be a known bug.
posted by yegg Staff7 years and 5 months ago Link
anonymous
If I remove the height of #sxw, the div c because the elements inside are floated. Also, the bottom padding is still there, adding an extra 1px to the height and messing up the fake shadow.

I don't know exactly how it looks on the iPad, so it's hard for me to suggest any fixes.
I would assume it's using some special version of Safari and there's no problem on the desktop version.
posted by [Old Forum guest] • 7 years and 5 months ago Link
anonymous
Just my 2 cents :
Adding this line to the html head (Dean Edwards' IE library):
  1. <!--[if lt IE 9]><script src="http://ie7-js.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/lib/IE9.js"></script><![endif]-->
solves 99% of IE rendering problems, including support of advanced CSS selectors, and styling of HTML5 tags, and removes the need for CSS hacks.

It adds an extra request to fetch the library, but only for IE users, and hey if they are still using IE, they obviously don't care about performance...
posted by [Old Forum eet-fuk] • 7 years and 5 months ago Link
yegg
Thx for the suggestion. I'm really trying to stay away from extra calls like that, especially to third parties. So far I've been able to fix things with little hacks here and there, and that seems fine as long as it is doable!
posted by yegg Staff7 years and 4 months ago Link