WSecure
Hello,

there are countrys, which do not allow to visit all websites, that are out there, all they can do is use a proxy.

People like me do not use any service from google, or similar, but sometimes when others host their website at google servers, the only option to visit these sites is to use a proxy, while keeping google out of your system.
So, I do block these websites, not they me...

It has a good reason why I recommended this feature to DDG and I am sure that others would also like to see such option to be included.

The VPN does nothing, if I am still blocking these IP's on my end of the road, thank you!

Kind regards,

WSecure - We Secure IT
posted by WSecure 4 years and 7 months ago Link

ScreapDK
Yes, unfortunately there is countries, that blocks all access to certain sites, e.g. sites with illegal content.

With regard to the "Why create a proxy?"-question. I agree with you, WSecure.

Personally I would love to just say "That's enough!" and just block all Google's websites, because I find them not respecting my privacy, as much as some alternative services does.

But that would just make too many, websites not work! This is because many webmasters makes use of Google's services on non-Google websites.

E.g. embedding Google Maps on a "Locate your nearest local Wall-Mart"-page or hosting their videos on YouTube (which is owned by Google), instead of hosting them themself, or hosting their RSS feeds on FeedBurner (a Google-service)... the list goes on and on... but I'm sure you get the point! : )

This^ is why a proxy service would be useful, in my opinion! : )
posted by ScreapDK Community Leader4 years and 7 months ago Link
WSecure
Hello ScreapDK and all interested readers,

of course I can understand your demur with blocking google services, but I have no problem myself to surrender without those services, as like many of our customers, who have security in mind, like we from WSecure, do.
I think this is also a reason why we all here use DDC and e.g. do a SSL websearch instead of regular http requests, or a simple google search. (Yes, even google redirected there website now to https, so why use any different?)

Google has to give "us" some services "we like", so they can grab our informations from us, but if you, like us, do not want to leave all like it is, we have to go new ways and find solutions for it.

Again, this is why I did now recommend this feature and as we can see, some will like it, some will not.

But at least it is possible for DDC to include it for those who would like to use it and I hope my suggestion finds an open ear at DDC.

Maybe more, who actually feel like ScreapDK and me, will also support this feature here and somewhen DDC will come up with it! :)

Kind regards,

WSecure - We Secure IT
WSecure
btw, sry for DDC I surely meant DDG... grrr
zac
Can you please remove the link to wsecure from your signature? Posts/comments that refer to outside links are prohibited by the forum rules: https://duck.co/forum/thread/2221/forum-...

In usual cases, it's grounds for deletion. As your responses are helpful, though, we'd just like to ask that you remove it.
posted by zac Staff4 years and 7 months ago Link
WSecure
Hello zac,

I really would like to but somehow there is no "edit" button, while on the main-topic post one is!
That is the reason why I posted the:
(Edit for a Mod: I may broke your forum-rules while posting the link of my website below in another answer, if so, please remove just the link, but leave the post. I did edit all other postings, which I could, to hopefully meet all rules. Thank you!)
in the first posting here.
(Actually I just found out about my fail because of https://duck.co/forum/thread/5015/awesom... and directly tried to remove all my links from my postings. Just this one I couldn't!)

All I could do now is remove the whole post and then repost my reply to "leet" and TV... but I don't know how this thread will look like then... sry!

Can't you just delete the weblink for me please? I assume you should have the rights to edit any posting, or?

Beside this, I did read the forum-rules and it doesn't really say that you are not allowed to post such. e.g.
No advertisements or spam.
Unless the link is related to DuckDuckGo and the content of your post, don't post it. (However, if your website is related to DuckDuckGo, we encourage you to share it.)
While my website has a link to duckduckgo as a suggestion since months...
and
Think before you delete.
Please use caution when editing or deleting older posts as changing them might disrupt the flow of conversation.
and
No affiliate or referral links.
Please do not post any links to websites in which you stand to gain financially from users buying products or signing up for products through your links.
There are no such links on my site...
did I miss anything else?

Kind regards,

WSecure - We Secure IT
zac
Yup, sounds good! Thanks for the followup :)
posted by zac Staff4 years and 7 months ago Link
WSecure
Hi again! :)

Your answer is too short... lol

Shall I remove my posting, or will you edit it?

Kind regards,

WSecure - We Secure IT