ScreapDK
I can replicate this, too!
I get the following results:

Searching for "[b]tomato sugar[/b]" returns no results. Firefox reads "Connects to rundmc.duckduckgo.com" (loosly translated from Firefox' Danish UI). Instant Answer works.

Searching for "[b]sugar tomato[/b]" do return results. *

Searching for "[b]raw sugar[/b]" returns no results. *

Searching for "[b]raw stevia[/b]" do return results.*

Searching for "[b]carbohydrate sugar[/b]" returns no results. *

Searching for "[b]yadda yadda sugar[/b]" returns no results. *

Now I cannot connect to duckduckgo.com at all.
*Didn't get to test this before it was too late, as took a break away from the computer to eat, to discover that I can't connect, when I got back.

I've run all test only on my laptop at home in Firefox v27.0.
It seems that I cannot connect to duckduckgo.com (and also ddg.gg, dgg.gg), across all browser being Firefox (currently latest stable, v27.0) Internet Explorer v11, Yandex Browser (v13.x), Opera (v12.16) and Chrome (v32.0.x)
posted by ScreapDK Community Leader4 years and 10 months ago Link

ScreapDK
Forgot to mention all micro-sites (and other DDG-owned sites) are working just fine. This includes the following sites:
donttrack.us, dontbubble.us, fixtracking.com, whatisdnt.com, duckpan.org, replaceawordinafamousquotewithduck.com and privatebrowsingmyths.com.

BTW, if you guys haven't seen the latter one (i.e. Private Browsing Myths), then you should definitely go check it out! : D
zac
Looking into it! Thanks for the examples! (and the PBM mention) :)
posted by zac Staff4 years and 10 months ago Link
ScreapDK
Great! You're welcome!

BTW, duckduckgo.com has been working since around 2 min. after I posted the comment about the micro-sites (in other words just over half an hour).

...you see, I got distracted by the content of the exiting and fantastic virtual space called "the Internet!" 😝 😜
zac
You're not alone :)
posted by zac Staff4 years and 10 months ago Link
ScreapDK
Okay, one last update before I'm heading to bed...

duckduckgo.com now works again (fortunately : P) on my laptop!
TV
off topic: i didnt know there is dgg.gg short domain as well :D thanks
posted by TV 4 years and 10 months ago Link
ScreapDK
Yeah, not many people do (I guess), the original or "official" if you like, is ddg.gg, after all.

The reason it was created was to prevent Typo-Squatting of the original, because you can easily hit the wrong key combination. : )

...which I actually used to do all the time. : P So I eventually suggested DuckDuckGo buying the dgg.gg-domain to prevent potential abuse.

Hope that clarifies! : )
TV
Wisely done my friend ! :)
posted by TV 4 years and 10 months ago Link