anonymous
Don't want to sound negative or anything, but really want to get my feedback across on these Instant Answers...
@kwixerapp - movies by actors and actresses: it only shoots the plugin if the query starts with "{movies|films} by {actor_name}" which seems rather limited. Why not also include broaden the use case to other queries like "{actor_name} {movies|films|casts}", etc.

@kablamo: similar to the above, the query set can be much broader: "{country_name} dial in code", "{country_name} calling code", "{country_name} international phone code", etc

@mgarriot: similar to the above, typing in "workdays in {month_name}" or "{month_name} workdays" does not return the days in the given month. Furthermore, the user might also add a given country, which requires considering the country's bank holidays.

Note: while I'm not suggesting developing a full NLP solution on the above, broadening the queries which the plugin supports benefits both users and the search engine alike.

That said, I love the plugins and I hope you find my feedback useful ;)
posted by <hidden> • 4 years and 4 months ago Link

TV
I agree there is a need of more triggering queries implemented into instant answers
posted by TV 4 years and 4 months ago Link
yegg
This is solid feedback -- thanks! We're working on some things that will trigger IAs a lot more.
posted by yegg Staff4 years and 3 months ago Link