Superluigi6
This is a great redesign! I like the new layout. But, there are some things I'd like to be fixed. For starters, I'd honestly prefer the Images, Videos, and Products searches all to be on their own separate pages rather than all stuck together on one page.

And, the "you've already been to this page". First of all, how does DuckDuckGo know that I've already been to one of the webpages? That feature should be an optional feature in Settings. The favicon for URLS should also be to the left of the links, and not directly below them.

And, on a smaller note, the "The search engine that doesn't track you." part should also be a link to http://donttrack.us/
posted by Superluigi6 3 years and 11 months ago Link

x.15a2
Quote:
the "you've already been to this page". First of all, how does DuckDuckGo know that I've already been to one of the webpages? That feature should be an optional feature in Settings.

If you look at most any web page that has links, you'll notice that links that you've already used are typically displayed in a different than one that you haven't visited. This is the case with the current version of DDG. It's exactly the same technology being used here except instead of changing the text color, the message it displayed. There's no tracking taking place, it's just information that's reported from your browser. As I understand it, this feature will be optional, with the way you are currently seeing it being the default.
posted by x.15a2 Community Leader3 years and 11 months ago Link
x.15a2
One other point, if you notice the full text of the message, it's Your browser indicates if you've visited this link. So, DDG doesn't know that you've been to a web page, your browser does.
posted by x.15a2 Community Leader3 years and 11 months ago Link
clel
I support the idea of having a dedicated page for image and video results/being able to expand the area in which the results are displayed in order to navigate more quickly through them.
posted by clel 3 years and 11 months ago Link
clel
I just saw that this is already integrated. Great, I like it the way it is.
posted by clel 3 years and 11 months ago Link