anonymous
- The images and video tab should open in the whole screen the first time I click on them (I already declare my intent to be "I want to see images of this" when I click on the tab. Why should I click twice, once on the tab then on the expand button?).

- I prefer to see whole urls in my search results (maybe allow this through a preference?). An example use case where short urls hurt is when you do a site:www.something.com search. This also assumes that every page has a good title (when choosing a result, you usually rely on either the title or the url to see if it looks like the page you want in that website). Please don't hide the URL for everyone!

- I'm on 3g, and the feedback mini-overlay window interface needs feedback when submitting. When I click on send, I need to see that it has been well-received server-side. Usually, this is done with a spinner, then a light 'saved' notification, then the mini-window closes (which signals that I can finally close the tab without fear of my feedback being lost).
posted by <hidden> • 4 years and 2 months ago Link

x.15a2
Great input, thanks! Per your comment:
Quote:
- I prefer to see whole urls in my search results (maybe allow this through a preference?). An example use case where short urls hurt is when you do a site:www.something.com search. This also assumes that every page has a good title (when choosing a result, you usually rely on either the title or the url to see if it looks like the page you want in that website). Please don't hide the URL for everyone!

As stated, settings are still a work in progress, hopefully the Devs will see your comment. Also, did you notice that when you mouse-over a result, the full URL is displayed? Is that a good solution for you?

Thanks for checking out and commenting on the new design!
posted by x.15a2 Community Leader4 years and 2 months ago Link
anonymous
I don't hover the links before I choose to click on them, and seeing the full link is part of the decision-making process.
I suggest you could display it as firefox does: "highlight" the domain and tld in black/color and the rest of the url in grey.

Removing the full url from the results is akin to chrome's attempts of hiding the full url: it benefits the search engine only by making it (the search engine) more and more indispensable, while providing no benefit to the user (actually making it harder to know where you're going, as in: on which page of this site am I going to end up).
posted by <hidden> • 4 years and 2 months ago Link