> Comment #37524
I made a comment on the previous post about the next DuckDuckGo however less than an hour after I submitted it the thread was locked due to this update. I shall re-post all of my comments that still apply to the updated version to this thread as I am not sure if my previous post would have been seen however almost all of the complaints that I made have now been fixed and so I am now looking forward to seeing how the next DuckDuckGo develops.
• I personally preferred the old gradiented header and it would be nice if it was an option to use this in the new design. I am also now unable to change the colour of the header since all of the colours display as the default white however changing the header colour worked in the previous version. (Chrome and Firefox)
• All searches that include the word 'image' show an images bar above the search even when an image would not be an appropriate result (For example the searches 'can you draw directly to an image using its graphics instance in java' and 'how to add images to an excel spreadsheet' both display image results even though they would not answer the question whereas the old site displayed useful videos for the excel search)
• Another minor bug that I noticed was that when I click the menu button the scroll bar disappears causing the rest of the page to move left slightly, this happens in both Firefox and Chrome but does not happen when my browser is in fullscreen mode however. In 'left' placement mode only the related topics section of the about section moves however in the 'middle' placement mode it affects almost all of the page.
• The comics tab that appears when searching for things such as 'xkcd' always displays the image to the left of the screen even when the middle placement is selected in the settings. (Chrome and Firefox)
• The description in the about section is the correct width for the left placement option even when the middle option is selected causing the text to go underneath the related topics box. (Chrome and Firefox)
I appreciate the release of beta versions to allow the community to have a say on the future of the site and quite major improvements have already occurred since the process began and so I'm confident that most of these issues will be fixed before the final release.
posted by <hidden> •
3 years and 9 months ago
Keep in Touch
© DuckDuckGo. The search engine that doesn't track you.
Login with Github
Forgot your password?
Don't have an account?
Report this content for:
Attempting to drive traffic to a website by posting off-topic links to a personal/business website.
Insulting or provocative (and not in a good way).
Lewd or offensive language.
Post is entirely unrelated to the topic being discussed.
Post is likely copy/pasted from another website and was meant for blackhat SEO.
Enter your own description of the flagged post.