sdougbrown
Can you please confirm if this is Chrome only by testing in Firefox as well? We used the full font and not a latin subtype, so all of these characters should be available. If it's just Chrome that might help to narrow down the issue.
posted by sdougbrown 3 years and 11 months ago Link

pbanaszkiewicz
This is happening for me in both Firefox 29 and Chromium 34 on Ubuntu 14.04 64b with MS fonts not installed.

The screenshot above is from Firefox.

That's really strange that some characters aren't available even though it's a full latin font…
posted by pbanaszkiewicz 3 years and 11 months ago Link
sdougbrown
I did some more testing and it turns out that I was wrong. I had installed a Western Latin subtype when I thought that I had grabbed the raw font file.

Previously, the font supported the following languages:
Quote:
Albanian, Basque, Breton, Chamorro, Danish, Dutch, English, Faroese, Finnish, French, Frisian, Galician, German, Icelandic, Italian, Malagasy, Norwegian, Portuguese, Spanish, Swedish

With the next release it should support...
Quote:
Afrikaans, Albanian, Basque, Belarusian_lacinka, Bosnian, Breton, Catalan, Chamorro, Chichewa_nyanja, Croatian, Cyrillic, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Esperanto, Estonian, Faroese, Finnish, French, Frisian, Galician, German, Greek, Hungarian, Icelandic, Italian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malagasy, Maltese, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Serbian, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish, Welsh

Thanks for your help in running this down!
posted by sdougbrown 3 years and 11 months ago Link
pbanaszkiewicz
Hi, when is next release supposed to happen? I still don't have the font with all characters.
posted by pbanaszkiewicz 3 years and 10 months ago Link
anonymous
Any updates? When new version will be available?
posted by <hidden> • 3 years and 9 months ago Link
sdougbrown
I have to apologize - I was overzealous here in saying "next release". After looking at it further, it's going to require a little more engineering to come up with a reasonable solution to this. As it turns out, the full font files with all the character support we want are +400KB each, and serving that to every user by default is just not good.

We're working on a solution to serve the correct font files based on certain language signals - it's just going to take a little more time. I'm sorry about the delay, and thanks for your patience while we resolve this.
posted by sdougbrown 3 years and 9 months ago Link