anonymous
This is clearly a difficult issue for you to resolve and can relate to that.

That said, I have to agree with the other comments here that DDG is not a realistic option for users switching from Google as it stands. I have tried many times over the years, this last attempt being the longest, about a week. But the issues around dates and relevance of a search means I just switched back to Google again, unfortunately.

Firstly, I don't want to add S:D or other appendages to my search most of the time. If I enter a search term, especially if it is tech related, results from 2006 are not helpful. Relevance at a very simplistic level is a combination of match, popularity and date.

If there are results that come back which I deem no longer relevant, the filter is an essential tool. Like others have said, it isn't sort by date, but rather still sort by relevance, just older ones are removed.

I would love to stay with you, for everything you stand for, but this is a deal breaker unfortunately. Something, even if it wasn't 100%, would be better, as it is, I just can't get to what I need efficiently enough right now. Speed is assumed these days, not how quick the results come back but rather getting to the answer.

Please don't stop!
posted by <hidden> • 3 years and 10 months ago Link