anonymous
This was the recently posted, recently deleted comment. Like Google, DDG seems to want to trap you into continuing an association with them as you cannot post a comment saying you're done, then delete your just-created account as part of said being-done. Even having to create an account to contact/feedback is Google-like.

+

I stopped using DDG with the change to the "What's Next?" mobile format and went back to Bing (which I was still using anyway for image searches). The "More" page and all its handy tools is gone (because forcing people to search for them means more searches), plus the info pages on how and why to use DDG. The logo is also inferior. #BFA

I tried to get around it by saving the page on my i-Phone, but Apple f**ked me, of course and lost it when I tried to put it a link on the home screen. I'm not sure I could've dealt with the results page, anyway, with it being the mobile format.

I read here that there may be classic version in the works, but if you didn't want to lose users, that should've been in place beforehand – once people move on/back to somewhere else, they're essentially lost for good, with little no or little way to notice subsequent, actual improvements. (I'm here now because I'm cleaning bookmarks.) Of course, the literal trick is that while advocating it, those who stay become acclimated to the new status quo, so there's no point in doing anything about it. This is how f-book seems to operate, and "Gügl" copied them (it certainly was when they removed un-signed in Options from their Search home page, and eliminating Classic e-mail for their "NūLük" when I dumped them).

If DDG ("DəkDəkGō," now) wants to be The UnGoogle™, you might stop trying to look like and behaving like them.
posted by <hidden> • 4 years and 1 month ago Link

anonymous
Maybe I am easily pleased but I have now been using DDG in Aviator Browser for some time and it beats the pants off of all the other well known and not so known browsers and search engines. It is lightening quick even though I am still on old copper gets me what I want every time ,never lets me down . Compare it with Google which many people here compare it with. Google takes you to paid for sites IT thinks you should go to limits your range by repeating same websites on every page and tracks you . I hope those who love Google realise that a new way of tracking you is coming out because of business complaints to Google against people like me who have automatic deletion of all cookies called AdID which will track you over ALL Google networks including Google + Google G-Mail and your cellnet phone and doesnt use cookies. They say they will bring out a new system that the NSA/GCHQ cant hack-Wrong ! its already being panned on the net. so,sorry my opinion of Google is the pits . I LOVE DDG and no I dont work for them.
posted by <hidden> • 4 years and 1 month ago Link