anonymous
This really is the one thing that's missing from ddg.
I'm not gonna criticise, I know if you could implement search by date you would, but I'll add my voice to the choir anyway, just so you know how much people want this.

As well as specifying a time frame for a search, just having the date (either when published or discovered by a web crawler) of the page displayed in the general search results, without the need for extra syntax, would be a massive step forward.

Here's an example of a search for ACPI, 2 results from Startpage:

ACPI | Free software downloads at SourceForge.net
3 Jun 2013 ... Committed to the development of fundamental ACPI (Advanced Configuration and Power Interface) components for Linux. This includes a ...
www.sourceforge.net/projects/acpi/ - View by Ixquick Proxy - Highlight
Linux/ACPI - Linux/ACPI Overview

2 Feb 2006 ... The Linux/ACPI project home page has moved to http://www.lesswatts.org/ projects/acpi/. This legacy home page contains only legacy ...
acpi.sourceforge.net - View by Ixquick Proxy - Highlight

And 2 from DDG:

ACPI | Free software downloads at SourceForge.net
Committed to the development of fundamental ACPI (Advanced Configuration and Power Interface) components for Linux. This includes a generic ACPI …
[Search domain sourceforge.net] sourceforge.net

readme - ibm-acpi - SourceForge
ACPI video will report ACPI events for brightness change keys. Do not mess with thinkpad-acpi defaults in this case. thinkpad-acpi should not have anything to do with backlight events in a scenario where ACPI video is loaded: ...
[Search domain ibm-acpi.sourceforge.net] ibm-acpi.sourceforge.net

Having those dates really helps when looking for relevant information.
Your sort:date feature has improved over the past year and I hope you have success with the above.
posted by <hidden> • 4 years and 2 months ago Link