zac
Thanks for the support! Our traffic is actually doing just fine :) but because summers often lead to fewer people using the internet, you can see a slight dip in the graph.

We really need our community of fans to get their friends to switch. The more people activating others to use DuckDuckGo, the more people realize that a better search experience does exist.
posted by zac Staff3 years and 10 months ago Link

toothy557
I have told one friend several years ago (I don't have many friends, haha). He said he tried it for about a week but decided to go back to Google because Google's results were better. I'm not sure what he meant. For the entire duration which I've used DDG (almost 5 years) I have never found better results from Google than DDG. I've used "!g" a few times when I suspected their crawler's long-running age to be more promising for finding old, obscure pages I want to find -- but this has never actually been a proven case. When DDG's results are somewhat irrelevant, I usually submit feedback; but neither Google or Bing ever do any better anyways (for the record: really, NEVER, in my experience).
posted by toothy557 3 years and 10 months ago Link
toothy557
Anyway. Maybe it's just coincidence, but I think ~5 years is a long time. I'm being completely honest. DDG is great ;)
posted by toothy557 3 years and 10 months ago Link