anonymous
For me and many people I know, poor relevancy of search results is still a recurrent issue. It's the number one obstacle which is preventing users from switching to DDG. The new design didn't really address the issue.
posted by <hidden> • 4 years and 1 month ago Link

dany29
Tous ce que je sais, c'est que plusieurs site du genre sont fondés et la plupart des personnes y sont attirées! d'où les utilisateurs de DDG sont de plus en plus moins nombreux.
posted by dany29 4 years and 1 month ago Link
toothy557
Yeah. I hear this a lot. I still don't know what people are talking about because whenever it's bad for me and I check any other search engine -- it's still bad no matter which I choose.
posted by toothy557 4 years and 1 month ago Link
toothy557
Can you give me an example? Really.
This comment has been removed for violation of our forum rules.
posted by <hidden> • 4 years and 1 month ago
preemeijer
The following I share with you all from experience...

What I'm experiencing with 'normal' users is that they don't know which search engine they use. They just want a white screen with a search bar that tells them: Search term here.

In the Dutch language the default term for searching the internet is Google. I really don't get this. The average user does not even see that the default search engine is switched to Bing, DDG or some sort of malware search bar. They just type the search term and press enter.

I try as many people to get them to DDG and tell all of them that they need to change the region setting. That is the most important thing with the use of DDG.
posted by preemeijer Community Leader4 years and 1 month ago Link
toothy557
Maybe DDG needs more team members who don't speak English as their native language.
letizia
I do believe that good search results cannot be obtained from only one search engine. Good researchers know that, and DuckDuckGo can sometimes unexpectedly give results that are difficult to find in other search engines. It all depends on the topic of your research and the relative sensitivity/sensibility you set.
posted by letizia 4 years and 1 month ago Link