> Comment #45242
Hi, Thanks for your prompt response. I just tried again and it's still the same. Things changed some time last weekend. Last week everything was fine. I have done no Windows, Firefox or any other software updates during this time.
I am using Windows 7 Home Basic, Internet Explorer 11 and Firefox 31.0 (with Classic Theme Restorer [Customize Australis] Version 1.2.3). I also use Avast antivirus software, Windows Defender, DoNotTrackMe and Adblock Plus.
I always use private browsing and accept session cookies which are deleted at the end of the session. Third party cookies are never accepted.
The symptoms are the same using both Firefox and IE as follows:
* All URL Parameters are ignored.
* Loading settings from the cloud (which are identical to the URL parameters) applies most of my settings but not all. These settings are retained until I close the browser, even if I exit from DDG and then go back to it.
* Most noticeable of the settings that fail, even from the cloud, is the GET request (kg=p), which is set to "Off". If I do a search for, say, "Xmas", the search tab description in both IE and Firefox would now be "Xmas at DuckDuckGo". Before these problems occurred, the tab description was just "DuckDuckGo", i.e. it didn't show the search term, which is what I want.
The URL parameters link is:
I emphasise that these URL parameters worked perfectly last week and have not been changed.
The same settings are used when loading from the cloud (excluding, of course, the "
I hope this helps and that you can find a solution.
If you need any more information, please don't hesitate to ask.
posted by <hidden> •
4 years and 6 months ago
Thank you so much for posting all these details. You helped me find 2 major bugs that are now fixed:
1. We weren't clearing the title of the page for the POST setting, so it was still showing the search term in the browser tab.
2. We weren't correctly parsing the url parameters when the color variable had a '#' in it. So everything after the first '#' was getting lost and not applied.
Both of these fixes are live. I think all of the settings in your bookmarklet URL above are being applied correctly now. Please let me know if you hit any other issues so we can get them fixed.
4 years and 6 months ago
Keep in Touch
© DuckDuckGo. The search engine that doesn't track you.
Login with Github
Forgot your password?
Don't have an account?
Report this content for:
Attempting to drive traffic to a website by posting off-topic links to a personal/business website.
Insulting or provocative (and not in a good way).
Lewd or offensive language.
Post is entirely unrelated to the topic being discussed.
Post is likely copy/pasted from another website and was meant for blackhat SEO.
Enter your own description of the flagged post.