I would like to draw your attention to the fact that translations via tokens often yield localised versions that resemble machine translated korean phone user manuals! Word to word translation, without any care of syntax, grammar, not to mention consistency. I'm translating into french. Pages are said to be 100% translated. This is not true. Just visit the caption of fig. 16 is still in english. And the rest of the page is ridiculous! Spelling errors (qui envoiT -instead of qui envoiE- in fig. 3), meaningless sentences (e.g. "donc les sites internet pourraient ou pourraient ne pas respecter %."), awkward expressions (e.g. Cela devrait soit (fig 12) ou fonctionner (fig. 13) instead of the correct syntax : soit.... soit). I fully adhere to DDG project, but i must say that in their present state, french pages are not credible. Another example : ask any french speaking person and ask them what means: "qui utilise des annonceurs aux annonces qui vous ciblent partout" (fig. 8 caption on When they stop laughing, they will probably ask you who wrote that gobbledygook. In my humble opinion, this is only due to the token system. Why don't you submit full pages to translators? You might then set up a forum to discuss the final result, or simply trust appropriate translation managers.
posted by Azyz Translation Manager3 years and 3 months ago Link

I am afraid that the bulk of the manpower being offered is getting lost due to out-of-the-context translations which are often beside the mark.
posted by Sublimierer 2 years and 4 months ago Link