Mallart
I understand the part about reaching out to users and explaining the features, benefits and so on. However some of us has gotten beyond that stage.
As for the browser's search field, I should have mentioned that my browser is set to reject all cookies. That saying, the URL parameter as my homepage is the only way for me to search with my configurations saved.

Plus, If they allowed us to remove 'how to add it to your browser' sign, I'm sure they can do the same for the animations.
posted by Mallart 3 years and 9 months ago Link

AguaBottle
While I personally don't find it all that distracting, I agree that having the ability to remove it like you would the option to set DDG as your default search engine seems like a good idea. A simple 'X' to have it removed should be simple enough.
Although, they probably want to avoid doing that as I'm sure there are plenty of people who would see that they have the ability to remove it and then do so without actually seeing what it has to say.
If that is the case, having the option hidden deep in the settings somewhere is still a possibility and I'm sure it would lower the amount of people who remove it before reading it.
posted by AguaBottle 3 years and 9 months ago Link
zac
We're thinking about updates for this--sorry for any annoyance.
posted by zac Staff3 years and 9 months ago Link