It doesn't even need to be serious - it just needs to look professional.
Right now it doesn't - simple as that.

As a graphic designer it really hurts my eyes. It's not just bad - it's one of the worst I've seen in a very long time. If anyone in our agency would have created such a logo I would have fired that person immediately - except the assignment was a logo for cornflakes packaging in Korea.
posted by <hidden> • 3 years and 17 days ago Link

As someone without any experience in graphic design, what's bad about it? I know it's childish and may give someone the wrong idea about what DuckDuckGo is, but what could be done to make it more professional?
posted by AguaBottle 3 years and 17 days ago Link
I could say the Google logo hurts my eyes. It's not just bad - it's one of the worst I've seen so far.
posted by Mallart 3 years and 16 days ago Link
The logo isn't bad, GAP's redesign was bad.. a few others come to mind (without namedropping a massive list.. but if you do want one, go to Creative Bloq and find their list). The logo for DuckDuckGo is awesome that uses a colour scheme which is very clever and links in with their whole statement. Orange has the pyschologogical effects of warmth, SECURITY, passion and fun. The main duck looks cool anyway and draws the eye more so than Google, I'd rather have a duck then different coloured letters. The logo is very cleverly designed and I love it! (especially the orange).
posted by IBTrey 3 years and 13 days ago Link