anonymous
I totally agree, It sucks that I have to miss all the great features of DDG to have my freedom...
posted by <hidden> • 3 years and 3 months ago Link

buckeye
you don't have to miss all the great features - you just choose to and for no good reason.
posted by buckeye 3 years and 3 months ago Link
Gryllida
buckeye,

You already said your opinion once. Everyone else will also say their opinion once, and there is no need to repeat yourself. Thanks.
posted by Gryllida 3 years and 3 months ago Link
buckeye
says the guy with 3 posts already in this thread
so much for freedom - it has to be on your terms - no thanks i'll continue to exercise my freedom as i see fit and not as others attempt to dictate
posted by buckeye 3 years and 3 months ago Link
x.15a2
The search results between the HTML and full versions of DDG are the same. The ongoing development will always go to the main (full) version of the product, which is the interface that the vast majority of users use and prefer.

Thanks
posted by x.15a2 Community Leader3 years and 3 months ago Link
Tirifto
I have used all three versions, but they are certainly not on par. While they all return the same websites, HTML and Lite are only capable of basic searching and lack other functions, such as finding Pictures, Videos, Recipes, or customizing the webpage. Or at least I didn't find any of these.

Since these functions depend on JavaScript and make DuckDuckGo much nicer and usable, I think it would be very good of you to make them free software. DuckDuckGo is a great search engine which works very well and protects users' privacy. If it also protected their freedom, it would truly be something to cherish and fully recommend to people!
posted by Tirifto 3 years and 3 months ago Link