kzer_za
Sorry, but this is not what I am looking for. I don't want to know about the backend I just want to make the javascript, that loads on peoples computers, have free licenses.
posted by kzer_za 3 years and 4 months ago Link

zac
It's been brought up in the past but we're focusing on improving our Instant Answers community since that's where the most impact can be made. Growing a robust community around open source answers is the beginning of more and more progress in that area.
posted by zac Staff3 years and 4 months ago Link
Tirifto
Wouldn't the community be able to help you with liberating your JavaScript, perhaps? I have no experience with it myself, but I assumed it wouldn't be a very demanding task.
posted by Tirifto 3 years and 3 months ago Link
Gryllida
1) Open-source vs closed-source is not the main concern. The main concern is that _I_ should be able to modify and distribute every program I run on my computer. http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/open-sourc...

2) It is an ethical issue to release all programs running on my computer under a copyleft licence. Releasing only a part does not solve the problem: it's still impossible to use your upgraded website without subjecting myself to running non-free programs.

Please fix that.
posted by Gryllida 3 years and 3 months ago Link