kzer_za
Sorry, but this is not what I am looking for. I don't want to know about the backend I just want to make the javascript, that loads on peoples computers, have free licenses.
posted by kzer_za 2 years and 10 months ago Link

zac
It's been brought up in the past but we're focusing on improving our Instant Answers community since that's where the most impact can be made. Growing a robust community around open source answers is the beginning of more and more progress in that area.
posted by zac Staff2 years and 10 months ago Link
Tirifto
Wouldn't the community be able to help you with liberating your JavaScript, perhaps? I have no experience with it myself, but I assumed it wouldn't be a very demanding task.
posted by Tirifto 2 years and 9 months ago Link
Gryllida
1) Open-source vs closed-source is not the main concern. The main concern is that _I_ should be able to modify and distribute every program I run on my computer. http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/open-sourc...

2) It is an ethical issue to release all programs running on my computer under a copyleft licence. Releasing only a part does not solve the problem: it's still impossible to use your upgraded website without subjecting myself to running non-free programs.

Please fix that.
posted by Gryllida 2 years and 9 months ago Link