anonymous
No problem derekkstr, I set them as invalid.
posted by <hidden> • 3 years and 8 months ago Link

balacobaco
There is one time I sent a string twice because I could not edit/remove the wrong one I did first. And it was just a simple tupo!

Maybe we can have a kind of link to mark our own strings as wrong/bad/deletable.

Even better, we could mark other people's translation as good or as bad (with both counts shown, so others can decide to vote for them). For the bad markers, a comment can be useful to explain the reasons (if needed).

Some reasons can be good and valuable for voting on them (either as good or bad): word errors; gramatical errors; wrong in the context (which is a bit hard to completely check, and sometimes varies differently in each language/culture); unclear sentence, finding a better one can help.

Sometimes I don't vote for translation because they are bad. But if it already has more votes than a right one, it may be slower for it to be substituted. It may depending on reading comments, and so on. A hard path. With the values being voted this can be mashed up more quickly.

Strings that are already translated and/or used but don't have enough good qualities for most translators can be given a higher priority to be shown to them one more time.

What do you think? (and if someone else want to discuss this here, we shold copy my post a new thread)
posted by balacobaco 3 years and 8 months ago Link
anonymous
The delete feature is available only to Translation Managers, but a down voting could be a nice idea for every user. I'll propose your suggestions to the other TMs.
posted by <hidden> • 3 years and 8 months ago Link
balacobaco
I would like this! I have seen some translations to Portuguese-BR that were technically wrong (in a way that should not be done in any site, and even less in some site like this one).

With a down vote (+ justified? Even better!) we could make these easily shown to other translators/voters that might be unware of the situations, but if they only suspected - and that's where the down votes should strive for improvements.
posted by balacobaco 3 years and 5 months ago Link
preemeijer
Thanks.
posted by preemeijer Community Leader3 years and 8 months ago Link
This comment has been removed for violation of our forum rules.
posted by <hidden> • 3 years and 7 months ago