anonymous
I would NOT support Signal by Open WhisperSystems. In the past they have squandered their money on expensive trips to the Hawaii that didn't help much the development of the apps (https://whispersystems.org/blog/).
Also, all their github repositories are full of issues and PR closed for no reason. Usually the main (and only) Android developer closes issues and pull requests with no apparent reasons and locks the conversation to collaborators so that no further discussion can happen. This is *not* a free project, it's free as in beer but not free as in freedom. Not only do they not listen to the (dying) community they have, but they won't even accept the help that the community members try to offer with pull requests (here is an example: https://github.com/WhisperSystems/TextSe...).
I really hope that DuckDuckGo will not fund a company that takes "open source" as "free software", especially when they have squandered their money on expensive vacations in the past.
posted by <hidden> • 2 years and 4 months ago Link

anonymous
OK that was written by the same troll that damages the whispersystems mailing list and github. All opensource projects have people who want to damage projects.. is it not? I hope this was not true but there are people like this. The troll could have also linked issues that he/she has ruined by replacing posts with hate speech and changing titles to insults. Why the troll did not do that... because no moral backbone. If the troll answers my comment i will take a couple of days and find all those insults and expose evrything he/she has done... including real name.
For luck all the other people understand why the developers do the desisions they do.. you cant do everything everybody wants.
PS. the trips to hawaii were to bring all the core people physically together at least once a year, its like an hackathon and not vacations.
anonymous
Dude... relax. I am barely active on the github repository, and all the bugs I reported are either still open or solved (in other words, they're legit). Sorry to disappoint.