x.15a2
Hello and thanks for the input. I am not a FF user, but, as an older computer user, I read your post and thought that I'd test what you are reporting. I'm running a "stock" user profile in FF, no add-ons. I did a test search using DDG and from the results screen I zoomed out on the text only, using these instructions:
[http://snag.gy/USovM.jpg]
I then shut down and restarted FF, opened a few non-DDG pages, then did another DDG search and the text zoom size that I had previously set was still enabled, which mean that, by default, FF does remember the zoom settings on a per website basis. If you are experiencing different results, you may want to test using a clean user profile or by running in Safe Mode.

Thanks!
posted by x.15a2 Community Leader2 years and 9 months ago Link

anonymous
Hi, thanks for the comment. I tested this and you are right, FF remembers the zoom setting for each site now. Not sure when this changed but I had not noticed.

However, zooming makes the whole page bigger, everything takes up more space. That's not what I'm after, I just want the text to be a bit bigger and the rest of the interface to stay the same size :-)

Cheers.
posted by <hidden> • 2 years and 9 months ago Link
x.15a2
anonymous
Ha, yes, this does just change the text size. Or I can limit the size in prefs. The problem is this appears to be across all sites. Sometimes I do want to zoom the whole page (e.g. for a small picture).

I think the difference is that most other sites are content, but DDG is a search app. Setting FF to do thes ame across all sites just for DDG can mess up a lot of cotent based sites.

Still, I've learned a coupla things about FF here, thanks for that :-)
posted by <hidden> • 2 years and 9 months ago Link
x.15a2
Quote:
The problem is this appears to be across all sites.

The zoom setting is site specific. FF will remember the zoom setting for each web site and will revert to normal zoom when a new web site is opened. (New pages on the same web site will retain the selected zoom setting).
Quote:
Sometimes I do want to zoom the whole page (e.g. for a small picture).
Then you'll want to use the normal Zoom controls of Ctrl+, Ctrl- and Ctrl0 .