It's important to remember that DDG already donates a good portion of it's income to FOSS projects. In addition, DDG needs it's monetary resources for things like payroll, infrastructure, and all the other overhead that goes into running a large web service. I all the money went to the poor, all of the services would need to be shut down which would decrease DDG's popularity.
With increased revenue, Duckduckgo can use the additional money to help improve Duckduckgo's services while introducing new services, which will also increase Duckduckgo's popularity.
But, again, if DDG gave all the money away, there would be nothing to spend on the new services.

posted by x.15a2 Community Leader1 year and 6 months ago Link

I am not saying all the money should to go the poor, but only a small percentage should go to the poor. Plus Duckduckgo should advertise their search engine as an engine that gives money to the poor people as they search.
posted by Kumar203 1 year and 6 months ago Link
x.15 was probably confused because your topic says
Use all the ads generated money
and your text says
Duckduckgo should promote its search engine as a search engine that gives all the money to the poor people
. Now you're saying only a small percentage, so it's pretty confusing.

I think that if ddg were to do this then use it as a marketing tool it would seem more like self promotion than an attempt to help those in need.
posted by buckeye 1 year and 6 months ago Link
Thanks for letting me know I have changed since I wrote the wrong thing.

Well it is both, trying to self promote and to help those that need help, it works in both ways.
posted by Kumar203 1 year and 5 months ago Link