anonymous
Hi. I'm using Firefox's latest. Windows 7 professional on a Toshiba Satellite, 64 bit. I 'was' enduring this glitch and still am, but the annoyance level is lessened by my use of the 'hide/show bookarmks' button found in the customize settings. It's much easier to do two clicks of that than it is to go through 'view toolbars' and deselect and then select again. DDG cares, but only so far it seems. Then again, You, whoever you are, do seem interested. If you're going to look into this with a view to fixing it, Be my guest. And, Whether or not you succeed, you have my thanks for trying.
posted by <hidden> • 1 year and 5 months ago Link

x.15a2
Quote:
the annoyance level is lessened by my use of the 'hide/show bookarmks' button found in the customize settings.

I'm glad to know that you found a means to improve this issue, but it should work without going through the steps you've described.
Quote:
DDG cares, but only so far it seems. Then again, You, whoever you are, do seem interested.
It's really a matter of prioritizing issues that impact a large number of users versus fringe issues with low impact. I am a DDG Community Leader and it's my pleasure to do what I can to assist you with this issue.

On my Windows 10 system I did the following:
  • Performed a clean install of FireFox 49.0.2 (no previous user profiles)
  • Installed the RBT extension
  • Imported all of the bookmarks from my primary browser (700+ bookmarks, some in folders, some at the top level).
  • Moved all of my bookmarks into the RBT toolbar.
  • Change Search Settings to make DDG the default search.
  • Shut down and restarted Firefox

Results: When restarting FF, RBT reloaded immediately, in fact it loaded faster than about:home did.

My best guest is another extension is the root cause of the issue. I would suggest that you create a new Firefox User Profile, then replicate the steps that I listed above and see if your results emulate mine.
posted by x.15a2 Community Leader1 year and 5 months ago Link