x.15a2
Page design in always a tough thing, what works for one is not good for another. There are many factors that need to be taken into consideration, not the least of which is accommodating those with vision issues (color blindness, etc.).

On thing that you'll notice that that (with default settings), when you mouse over a standard search result (non-ad), the background changes to light blue, which does not happen when you mouse over an ad.

Also, please remember that when you report irrelevant results it helps the entire DDG community.

Thanks.
posted by x.15a2 Community Leader1 year and 6 months ago Link

anonymous
Thanks for the response! I should have been a bit clearer that I was mainly referring to the iOS and mobile versions of the site where mouse-over and hover events simply aren't useful. On mobile, iOS at least, color blindness settings and adjustments can be set by the user as they need to throughout the device in the OS Settings. Not to discount the consideration for design and how the site wants to maintain some color schemes or usability designs, but I still think this could be an easy, even opt-in, change that would benefit usability and the design of the site.

If I were able to produce a content blocker extension to do the same, do you happen to know if DuckDuckGo would try and work around it (would they be okay with it)? Are ad results easily and consistently tagged when displayed? Other ad servers like to hide their ad 'divs' with different or generated tags that help stop content blocker said from picking them out for modification.

Thanks again!
posted by <hidden> • 1 year and 6 months ago Link