This forum has been archived

Thank you all for the many comments, questions and suggestions. Particular thanks go to user x.15a2 for constantly monitoring, replying and helping so many users here. To continue these discussions, please head over to the DuckDuckGo subreddit.

Maybe a duck duck go browser? It could be based on Chromium: https://www.chromium.org/Home Thanks, its_troy
by <hidden> • 3 years and 7 months ago
3 years and 7 months ago
I just downloaded the ddg browser/searcher for android and I can not see any cookie options. Does this mean it picks up every cookie or non?
by <hidden> • 5 years and 1 month ago
5 years and 1 month ago
Also, less relevant, the search button used to be called "quack" in a text browser, please bring it back ;-) Besides that the page behaves great in a text browser. ... I'm a long time commanline browser (Lynx) user.
by <hidden> • 2 years and 8 months ago
2 years and 8 months ago
com/introducing-whitehat-aviator-a-safer-web-browser/ This is a new browser from WhiteHat Security called Aviator that is a fork of Chromium with tweaks to make it more private and secure by default (including DuckDuckGo).
by yegg Staff4 years and 7 months ago
4 years and 7 months ago
I just though that a DuckDuckGo browser would be so awesome and I just liked to discuss the idea if there's a chance in the future? I like Firefox and Chrome (not so much as Firefox due to it's privacy). What do you guys think of it?
by <hidden> • 4 years and 1 month ago
4 years and 1 month ago
I have already switched my mac safari browser to use DDG, and downloaded the app for iOS (It needs some work, a little too cluttered and what makes the DDG. ... Anyways, I read a few past posts about a possible browser in the future. ... Where have the talks gone in the past month with them and with DDG possible browser? ... Also just curious to all the DDG team members, what smartphone/OS, computer OS, and browser do you guys prefer?
by <hidden> • 5 years and 1 month ago
5 years and 1 month ago
This is just a suggestion to make a browser, officially from DuckDuckGo that has its own features to prevent being tracked such as to have it configured to use on the Tor network and have something to block tracking cookies placed on the browser.
by <hidden> • 3 years and 8 months ago
3 years and 8 months ago
They claim "Google's Web browser Chrome thrilled with an extremely fast site rendering, a sleek design and innovative features. ... The browser is based on the Chromium-source and offers the same features as Chrome - but without the critical points that the privacy concern.
by <hidden> • 5 years and 4 months ago
5 years and 4 months ago
Sort by: Last Update Relevance