Error code when posting at community forum

seanlevan seanlevan
Created: 3 years and 5 months ago
Not sure exactly what causes this, but this error comes up periodically, and sometimes doesn't allow me to post my comment.
Attached Files: 1
Screen Shot 2014-08-26 at 11.35.03 AM.png - Full

This forum has been archived

Thank you all for the many comments, questions and suggestions. Particular thanks go to user x.15a2 for constantly monitoring, replying and helping so many users here. To continue these discussions, please head over to the DuckDuckGo subreddit.

seanlevan
Not of most importance, but I found that apparently it has a problem establishing a session sometimes.

Code:
Code:
sub wiz_running { defined shift->session->{'wizard'} }

It's kind of similar to this one https://github.com/duckduckgo/community-platform/issues/153.

I might try to attempt resolving this problem on GitHub.
posted by seanlevan 3 years and 5 months ago Link
Moollaza
@seanlevan -- it's not terribly clear, but that actually happens when you have multiple tabs open with duck.co.

What's happening is that each form is getting a form ID and an action token and it's currently causing some problems. A fix is currently underway though to allow multiple tabs.

Thanks for reporting this!
posted by Moollaza Staff3 years and 5 months ago Link
seanlevan
Thanks!

I think I'll post the bug on GitHub so that we can update its status with changes.
posted by seanlevan 3 years and 5 months ago Link
jbarrett
Sorry, I think I didn't explain this well to you @Moollaza - what's happening is, there's only one CSRF mitigation token generated at a time, so once you load a new tab the token for the previous tab in your session gets wiped out.

I am working on "namespacing" the tokens per-form so you can work on multiple forms / tabs at once. I have to get some other bits and pieces out before I get back to this, so unfortunately I can't provide an exact timeline, other than...

[http://i.imgur.com/aosHUgs.jpg]
posted by jbarrett Staff3 years and 5 months ago Link