Invalid security certificate

ineuw ineuw
Created: 3 years and 7 months ago
Using Win XP SP3 and trying to use DDG as my home page in Comodo Dragon and it says that the security certificate is invalid. While Firefox 31.0 has no problem with the certificate

This is not a problem In Win 7 SP1, using ether Chrome, Firefox, or IE 11 with each browser setting my home page to DDG without any problems.
Attached Files: 1
Win XP SP 3 Certificate image 1.jpg - Full

This forum has been archived

Thank you all for the many comments, questions and suggestions. Particular thanks go to user x.15a2 for constantly monitoring, replying and helping so many users here. To continue these discussions, please head over to the DuckDuckGo subreddit.

anonymous
The current certificate started the 08 april 2014 and ends the 12 june 2015, so probably Comodo is using an old one. I don't know how that browser works, sorry.
posted by <hidden> • 3 years and 7 months ago Link
anonymous
Also, make sure you're using the latest version of the browser.
posted by <hidden> • 3 years and 7 months ago Link
ineuw
It is the latest version of the browser. I wanted to post this to Comodo Dragon forums, But it's only promoting their products. A very frustrating experience and would not recommend this browser. Their changes to Chrome/Chromium resulted in less than what I expected.

The reason I installed it because Google Chrome won't install but they are working to resolve the problem. I sent them a detailed analysis, but it's the long weekend.

As for the certificate. Isn't it stored by Windows? That is what it says in the attached snapshot. Also, Firefox must be using the same certificate.
posted by ineuw 3 years and 7 months ago Link
jaryd
Could you try updating the CAs on your computer and then see if the problem persists? (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/931125)
posted by jaryd Staff3 years and 7 months ago Link
ineuw
To jm, Many thanks. The problem is solved with the download of the CA update package from the link below, in case someone else needs it.

The file is "rootsupd.exe" 448kb

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/...
posted by ineuw 3 years and 7 months ago Link