DuckDuckGo Android app redesign.

<hidden> anonymous
Created: 3 years and 10 months ago • Updated: 3 years and 10 months ago
Could you update the android app as I feel the ui and look of the app is a bit outdated. Could you make it look more like the web version redesign and even incorporate Google's material design into the app? If you could incorporate "Material Design" then I will switch from chrome beta to the duckduckgo application in a heartbeat! I also think it will get you a bit more known! If you do not know what Google material design is, I will link some images below!
Attached Files: 4
20140625-android-material-design-001.jpg - Full material-design.jpg - Full materialdesign-goals-landingimage_large_mdpi.png - Full material-design-example-app.jpg - Full

This forum has been archived

Thank you all for the many comments, questions and suggestions. Particular thanks go to user x.15a2 for constantly monitoring, replying and helping so many users here. To continue these discussions, please head over to the DuckDuckGo subreddit.

WingTillDie
But Google trademark icon seens outdated,a letter g compare to a duck

As my experience,the UI from Google is not the best,and Firefox is awful
Try Tint browser

But I use Google chrome too
posted by WingTillDie 3 years and 10 months ago Link
anonymous
Have you seen the pictures above? Google material design (which is going to be widely brought out when android L comes out soon) looks gorgeous in my opinion! And I meant the chrome BETA browser which is available on google play! That uses a few style elements from material but does not allow for DDG to be added in list of search engines!
posted by <hidden> • 3 years and 10 months ago Link
WingTillDie
I do meant that I use Google chrome beta on Android

When I inspect carefully into the pictures
One thought come to mind
Is that Tizen?

I guess you should also like the design of Tizen
Take a look at it

But I prefer the feel of Fedora UI
posted by WingTillDie 3 years and 10 months ago Link