Recent more frequent about 98% of attempts on both mobiles DDG web site entry field select will not pull keyboard up!

<hidden> anonymous
Created: 3 years and 6 months ago • Updated: 3 years and 6 months ago
Using Galaxy S4 running 4.4.4 and Galaxty tab 10.1 with 4.0.4 with stock chrome browser on ddg site having a huge rash to trouble getting keyboard to pull up when selecting text entry box on both even trying to get DDG site settings to open is very difficult and sometimes opens keyboard. On S4 but never on tablet. Sometimes the settings slider pops out but immediately right back hidden on tablet.

This forum has been archived

Thank you all for the many comments, questions and suggestions. Particular thanks go to user x.15a2 for constantly monitoring, replying and helping so many users here. To continue these discussions, please head over to the DuckDuckGo subreddit.

anonymous
I have the same issue.
For two days i can not make the keyboard appears on my galaxy tab 12'
I tried on the default tablet browser as well as chrome. The only part of the webpage that does not react is the search bar. The address bar does make the keyboard appear. The issue is only with duckduckgo. If i try any other webpage or search engine i have no issue. On my desktop Avast recognise duckduckgo as a unsafe site for some reason and ask me on a regular basis to change my home page. I also have avast on my tablet . No such notification but can it be related?
posted by <hidden> • 3 years and 6 months ago Link
anonymous
Piling on.

Galaxy note 8 and Kindle fire.

Boat browser on both plus Samsung stock browser on Note.
x.15a2
I have tried to replicate these symptoms using Samsung Tab2 7, Android 4.2.2 with SwiftKey keyboard and both stock browser and Pale Moon for Android and the keyboard is responsive in all cases. Would it help to clear the browser's cache?
posted by x.15a2 Community Leader3 years and 6 months ago Link
brians
There was a bug introduced late last week that caused this issue. We pushed a fix last night and it seems to work now on all the devices we've been testing with. Can you confirm if it's fixed for you?
posted by brians Staff3 years and 6 months ago Link
anonymous
I confirm the issue is solved on my tablet. I can use the keyboard again. Thank you for your fast response and resolution of the issue
brians
Thanks, glad to hear that it's working again!
posted by brians Staff3 years and 6 months ago Link