wolfram alpha

<hidden> anonymous
Created: 4 years and 1 month ago • Updated: 4 years and 1 month ago
dose anyone know what happen between duckduckgo and wolfram alpha, is the partnership over?

This forum has been archived

Thank you all for the many comments, questions and suggestions. Particular thanks go to user x.15a2 for constantly monitoring, replying and helping so many users here. To continue these discussions, please head over to the DuckDuckGo subreddit.

Moollaza
Hi there,

Unfortunately, we won't be using Wolfram|Alpha any more in the short term. The community via DuckDuckHack is actively working on replacements, however. Currency in particular is nearing completion and should be faster and better shortly! We'd of course welcome any help on the instant answer platform, which is all open source.
posted by Moollaza Staff4 years and 1 month ago Link
anonymous
Hmm, bummer. Is there any information you can share about why integration with Wolfram|Alpha has been eliminated? I really thought this was one of the best features of DDG.
posted by <hidden> • 4 years and 1 month ago Link
anonymous
Agreed, is this something serious?
anonymous
I'm interested to know as well. Why was W|A removed?
Mallart
I don't think wolfram alpha is functioning for the time being. It doesn't seem know what '1+1=' is , 'Arabidopsis thaliana', 'plutonium' or anything for that matter.
posted by Mallart 4 years and 1 month ago Link
anonymous
I realize this is an old post but to anyone finding it currently, there's a "bang" that works, "!wa"
posted by <hidden> • 3 years and 4 months ago Link