Why do you prevent zoom on mobile devices?

<hidden> anonymous
Created: 3 years and 1 month ago • Updated: 3 years and 1 month ago
Not everyone has perfect vision. I can override it with a bookmarklet, but shouldn't have to. No one outside of web designers who still think they are designing for a printed page likes it. It's just flat out rude. You're disabling a feature of my mobile device I use a lot.

This forum has been archived

Thank you all for the many comments, questions and suggestions. Particular thanks go to user x.15a2 for constantly monitoring, replying and helping so many users here. To continue these discussions, please head over to the DuckDuckGo subreddit.

x.15a2
Thanks, I've never noticed this before. I'll give the Dev's a bump to see if it's by intent or is a bug. I replicated it using Pale Moon browser (Firefox fork) on Android, do you mind sharing your mobile environment?

For now, you can use the HTML or Lite versions of DDG, and the screen will stretch for you.
posted by x.15a2 Community Leader3 years and 1 month ago Link
zac
There was an issue with this in the past but some things have moved around and we'll be looking into it! Thanks for thing ping!
posted by zac Staff3 years and 29 days ago Link
anonymous
Hi, zooming is still disabled on the results page. Zooming does work on the homepage with the search box.

I'm aware we can change font sizes or use special usability options, but it is just not as simple as pinch and zoom.
If found a bookmarklet that can overwrite the lock:

http://ios.wonderhowto.com/how-to/re-ena...

It works and zoo doesn't break anything, so I don't think there is any reason to have zoom disabled.
posted by <hidden> • 1 year and 5 months ago Link
tagawa
Thanks for the reminder. I've forwarded this to the developers.
posted by tagawa Staff1 year and 5 months ago Link