Make a new browser

<hidden> anonymous
Created: 3 years and 6 months ago • Updated: 3 years and 6 months ago
This is just a suggestion to make a browser, officially from DuckDuckGo that has its own features to prevent being tracked such as to have it configured to use on the Tor network and have something to block tracking cookies placed on the browser. Here are the images as an idea. So please consider it. And also have another feature to have a 'Dark theme' and have it configured to change from white theme to dark theme automatically (based on time) :)
Attached Files: 2
Homepage.jpg - Full Tabs.png - Full

This forum has been archived

Thank you all for the many comments, questions and suggestions. Particular thanks go to user x.15a2 for constantly monitoring, replying and helping so many users here. To continue these discussions, please head over to the DuckDuckGo subreddit.

x.15a2
An open source project of this nature was investigated some time back and quickly abandoned in favor of using Firefox, Pale Moon, etc. with a variety of security add-ons.
posted by x.15a2 Community Leader3 years and 6 months ago Link
anonymous
im fine with firefox
posted by <hidden> • 3 years and 6 months ago Link
anonymous
I like that idea.
This comment has been removed for violation of our forum rules.
posted by <hidden> • 3 years and 6 months ago
ineuw
After testing, Firefox, Chrome, Opera and Internet Explorer 11, Firefox is the the best overall. To build another browser, is a total waste of resources.
posted by ineuw 3 years and 6 months ago Link
Surseance
I agree with all the 2 commenters above me. I'd rather DDG spend all their time, energy, and resources creating the best search engine possible and taking down Google than fiddling around with a browser. Maybe sometime in the future but not now.
posted by Surseance 3 years and 6 months ago Link
Surseance
I agree with all the 2 commenters above me. I'd rather DDG spend all their time, energy, and resources creating the best search engine possible and taking down Google than fiddling around with a browser. Maybe sometime in the future but not now.
posted by Surseance 3 years and 6 months ago Link
anonymous
I agree. But It is highly unlikely for DDG to take down Google. Google has more money and if DDG even threatens to take down Google, Google will add a feature that says 'Do not Track'.