"Security Alert" pop-up when viewing videos on DDG

Mallart Mallart
Created: 3 years and 9 months ago
I'm using IE 11 on Windows 8.1 through private browsing. I think the screenshot is self-explanatory but if it not let me know and I'll provide more information to the best of my ability.

[http://i.imgur.com/BTPyysW.jpg]

This forum has been archived

Thank you all for the many comments, questions and suggestions. Particular thanks go to user x.15a2 for constantly monitoring, replying and helping so many users here. To continue these discussions, please head over to the DuckDuckGo subreddit.

TV
That'a a ssl certification pop up, it seems name of cert does not mach. There is many possibilities to cause this alert.
posted by TV 3 years and 9 months ago Link
Mallart
It the first time I ever came across it since the new DDG came out.
posted by Mallart 3 years and 9 months ago Link
TV
Did you try to surf DDG through different browsers? Let me know if you have same issue on other platforms.
posted by TV 3 years and 9 months ago Link
Mallart
I only utilized one browser and that is IE 11 (though I am looking for a second one). That pop-up warning doesn't appear all the time when viewing videos on DDG, just sporadically on few occasions.
Moollaza
Hi there,

Is this still happening to you? I just tried that same search and some others with IE 11 but couldn't get that to happen.

If it appears again please let me know. Is it complaining about DuckDuckGo's certificate?
posted by Moollaza Staff3 years and 9 months ago Link
Mallart
It happened again last night while I was viewing the 'Huron Carol Tenor' on DDG videos. I managed to take a screenshot of it, though it doesn't seem to offer anything of value. If you need certain info from the ‘details’ tab let me know and I'll get it next time.

[http://i.imgur.com/n0nOtwB.jpg]

As for 'is it complaining about DDG's certificate', it doesn’t seem to be despite these sporadic pop-ups.

P.S - this forums really needs an edit button.