firefox autoprefixes dgg.gg to unresolvable www.dgg.gg when try to run with establishing inet connection.

<hidden> anonymous
Created: 3 years and 3 months ago • Updated: 3 years and 3 months ago
subj. Looks like we need to tie www.dgg.gg and maybe other most used addresses with additional www. at begining to relevant IP's.

This forum has been archived

Thank you all for the many comments, questions and suggestions. Particular thanks go to user x.15a2 for constantly monitoring, replying and helping so many users here. To continue these discussions, please head over to the DuckDuckGo subreddit.

fduck
the website is ddg.gg, not dGg
posted by fduck 3 years and 3 months ago Link
anonymous
While dgg.gg is printed much easier whan ddg.gg, and still resolvings just fine if there is no www at the begining. If somebody can found statistics about usage of thouse names it would be nice because this shows how wide this problem is.
I catch it once a week, when I just started my computer, launch ff, while connection to internet is still establishing, and print dgg.gg as lightning and receive address switching to www.dgg.gg and impossibility to connect without editing address bar.
posted by <hidden> • 3 years and 3 months ago Link
TV
Hi, both ddg.gg and dgg.gg are working as redirect to duckduckgo.
Thanks for letting us know www.dgg.gg is not redirecting properly, will be fixed shortly.
posted by TV 3 years and 3 months ago Link
buckeye
the confusing part to me is: if you are using dgg.gg or ddg.gg as a shorter way to type duckduckgo.com why would you want to intentionally add 4 more keystrokes by typing www. ? now what am i missing
posted by buckeye 3 years and 3 months ago Link