how do I add google yahoo bing to search box?

<hidden> anonymous
Created: 3 years and 1 month ago • Updated: 3 years and 1 month ago
I accidentally deleted google, yahoo, bing, etc... from my search box. Any way to get it back?

BTW - they were deleted while trying to remove only one of the search options, but the whole function was removed. Is that normal? Something to do with !bang? I liked the dropdown in the search box to initiate a new, unused, search engine.

This forum has been archived

Thank you all for the many comments, questions and suggestions. Particular thanks go to user x.15a2 for constantly monitoring, replying and helping so many users here. To continue these discussions, please head over to the DuckDuckGo subreddit.

x.15a2
You'll need to provide some system information before anyone can help you. It may also be more beneficial to you if you direct your questions to the support sites for G, Y and B.
posted by x.15a2 Community Leader3 years and 1 month ago Link
anonymous
DDG on Firefox. Need more? Sorry if I misunderstand, I'm not a computer geek.

"direct your questions to the support sites for G, Y and B." I'm not sure what you're suggesting. This seems to be a DDG feature (that I accidentally removed).
posted by <hidden> • 3 years and 1 month ago Link
x.15a2
No, this has nothing to do with DDG, it's a function of your browser (FF). DuckDuckGo, Google, Bing and Yahoo are search engines. Of course, we hope that you use DDG instead of the others, which I why I thought it kind of unusual that someone would request help with configuring their browser to use other search engines.

To get the others back, go to the search box and click the little arrow next to the icon of the current search engine, select Manage Search Engines and click on Restore Defaults button.
posted by x.15a2 Community Leader3 years and 1 month ago Link
anonymous
Thank you for your help.
posted by <hidden> • 3 years and 1 month ago Link
This comment has been removed for violation of our forum rules.
posted by <hidden> • 3 years and 1 month ago