DuckDuckGo Settings

<hidden> anonymous
Created: 3 years and 11 months ago • Updated: 3 years and 11 months ago
Hi Guys,

I'm a heavy Google user but I've decided to give DuckDuckGo a shot. I tried to play a little bit with the settings but I've noticed that some settings don't get saved. For example "Center Alignment" and "Header Behavior" in the appearance section. When I change them, these two settings in particular toggle back to the default. I use Firefox 33.1. Am I missing something?

Cheers

This forum has been archived

Thank you all for the many comments, questions and suggestions. Particular thanks go to user x.15a2 for constantly monitoring, replying and helping so many users here. To continue these discussions, please head over to the DuckDuckGo subreddit.

Mallart
Use the url parameter from the settings, paste it into the address bar and make that page your home page. That's what I do.

Hope that helps.
posted by Mallart 3 years and 11 months ago Link
anonymous
Thanks Mallart for the reply! I didn't know about that. Will definitely give it a try. Cheers!
posted by <hidden> • 3 years and 10 months ago Link
ScreapDK
When you changed the settings did you remember to save the changes?

If you did, could it be that Firefox clears cookies on exit.
DuckDuckGo uses (non-personal and anonymous) cookies to save your settings.
So, deleting those cookies would restore settings to default.
posted by ScreapDK Community Leader3 years and 10 months ago Link
TV
Exactly, better privacy is deleting all kind of cookies once you close the firefox. That might cause the trouble.
posted by TV 3 years and 10 months ago Link
anonymous
Thanks guys for the reply. Actually, I do save the new settings after I finish changing what I want and my cookies aren't automatically deleted every time I quit Firefox. Actually what I do is that every time I change something, I open a new tab and check the change but as I mentioned above, those two settings in particular don't get saved and everything else works just fine. Maybe it's a bug or something?
posted by <hidden> • 3 years and 10 months ago Link