Duckduckgo LOGO

NelMac NelMac
Created: 3 years and 1 month ago • Updated: 3 years and 1 month ago
Having switched back and forth between 'another' search engine and duckduckgo for a while I've been recommending it to everyone but the MOST important bit of feedback I think DDG should take on board is this.
The logo looks like something a five year old came up with.
It puts off lots of people from setting it as their default search engine because of that stupid logo.
It looks RIDICULOUS !
Yes, I HAD to use caps there because I feel it was necessary.
PLEASE oh PLEASE DDG, get your image sorted.
ANYTHING other than that ridiculous logo would be advantageous to your plight.
It would even look better with nothing there or just text but I believe that LOGO is LIMITING your capabilities and acceptance.
I hope this is not taken out of context as DDG is great and I seriously appreciate and respect the company for what it is and how they go about their business.
Please oh please oh pleassssse, get rid of that daft logo.
THANKS !

This forum has been archived

Thank you all for the many comments, questions and suggestions. Particular thanks go to user x.15a2 for constantly monitoring, replying and helping so many users here. To continue these discussions, please head over to the DuckDuckGo subreddit.

x.15a2
Lots of people love Dax and think that he looks great just the way he is (probably due to the green bow tie). I hope he stays just the same as he is.
posted by x.15a2 Community Leader3 years and 1 month ago Link
anonymous
The logo is not ridiculous, it is beautiful. :<
posted by <hidden> • 3 years and 1 month ago Link
anothernewphone
I'm considering a Dax tattoo now.
posted by anothernewphone Staff3 years and 1 month ago Link
NelMac
Lmao !
Seriously ?
It might seem like a good idea today but I can imagine the word 'regret' may well be of significance....XD
posted by NelMac 3 years and 1 month ago Link
Mallart
I love Dax and his smart looking bow tie.

Also, what 'limiting capabilities and acceptance' are you referring to?
https://duckduckgo.com/traffic.html
posted by Mallart 3 years and 1 month ago Link
sgarr
Dax is love, Dax is life.
posted by sgarr 3 years and 1 month ago Link
apr181
hahahhah
posted by apr181 3 years and 1 month ago Link
TV
posted by TV 3 years and 1 month ago Link
buckeye
NelMac your avatar looks nice
[https://duck.co/static/images/profile.male.png]
posted by buckeye 3 years and 1 month ago Link
NelMac
Haha, thanks !
idanoo
I quite like it. Moves away from the commercialized look.
posted by idanoo 3 years and 1 month ago Link
NelMac
Hi all and thanks for your replies !
I might have been a bit 'harsh' but I still think my comment is appropriate and relevant !
I deal with a lot of people and equipment and I strongly support DDG's efforts but when I recommend users to switch and load up DDG for the first time, (on their machine(s)), their initial reaction always seems the same, in that, when presented with, (who I now know to be), 'DAX', everyone is all smiles and nice...., however...., a week later I'll see their machine displaying DDG's main competitor yet again and the common trait I've noticed is that the users always mention 'DAX' !
Cheers !
apr181
Dax is my BAE!!!!!!!
posted by apr181 3 years and 1 month ago Link
AguaBottle
Are you sure it is honestly because of Dax, or do you think that was just an easy go-to excuse? I mean, let's not forget that the name of the search engine itself is DuckDuckGo which isn't exactly the internet's pinnacle of adulthood and professionalism. It's probably more a reason of familiarity with the more popular search engine you're speaking of than an issue with the logo's appearance. The logo is just may be the most glaringly-obvious difference that they notice first.
Also, if the logo was such an off-putting issue, wouldn't that turn them away almost immediately, as opposed to a week later? That's how it would be for me.

All this being said, I really hope they never change Dax.
posted by AguaBottle 3 years and 1 month ago Link
This comment has been removed for violation of our forum rules.
posted by <hidden> • 3 years and 1 month ago