Suggestion: When you save an image, it should not always be named as "images.duckduckgo.com.png"

<hidden> anonymous
Created: 3 years and 1 month ago • Updated: 3 years and 1 month ago
Suggestion: When you save an image, it should not always be named as "images.duckduckgo.com.png" by default. Maybe take the end of the URL instead?
Attached Files: 1
asdasdas.PNG - Full

This forum has been archived

Thank you all for the many comments, questions and suggestions. Particular thanks go to user x.15a2 for constantly monitoring, replying and helping so many users here. To continue these discussions, please head over to the DuckDuckGo subreddit.

TV
It's because you are downloading image from reverse proxy (duckduckgo's mechanism that protects your privacy) if you want to have original name of the picture click View File and Save Images As..
posted by TV 3 years and 1 month ago Link
anonymous
First, I'm very surprised that somebody replied to my post that fast. Thumbs up for this.

Concerning the annoyance: Well yeah, I know, but it's more clicks... when you grab a lot of pictures, you want these steps to be reduced as much as possible, so why not just get the filename from the end of the URL then? See attached.

[http://oi61.tinypic.com/mlsiah.jpg]
posted by <hidden> • 3 years and 1 month ago Link
zac
It's likely possible from a technical end but we don't have internal resources to divert there immediately. This platform is entirely open source so that anyone can help with minor things like this (and major things, like overhauling the notification system)
posted by zac Staff3 years and 1 month ago Link
anonymous
I understand. It's a suggestion.
posted by <hidden> • 3 years and 1 month ago Link