Allow voting without being signed in

steveglick steveglick
Created: 3 years and 3 months ago
I personally think it would be a really good idea to allow voting on instant answers without being signed in. I think the site would get more input if this was possible. Several times when I've visited the site I was going to vote for an idea, and realizing I was not signed in lazily abandoned the idea... I know it's lazy, but I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Also people who have just visited the site for the first time are not likely to create an account unless they have a more significant contribution to make.

This forum has been archived

Thank you all for the many comments, questions and suggestions. Particular thanks go to user x.15a2 for constantly monitoring, replying and helping so many users here. To continue these discussions, please head over to the DuckDuckGo subreddit.

x.15a2
What would prevent unregistered users from voting multiple times for the same suggestion?
posted by x.15a2 Community Leader3 years and 3 months ago Link
steveglick
Yeah I guess cookies probably won't fly well around here... I've seen plenty of systems like this that allow unregistered users to vote, but they probably use cookies.

I guess my only other idea would be to add an open ID login system so most people could easily log in without creating another account.
posted by steveglick 3 years and 3 months ago Link
toothy557
No.
posted by toothy557 3 years and 3 months ago Link
steveglick
Please elaborate a bit :)
posted by steveglick 3 years and 3 months ago Link