Trouble connecting to the XMPP server

browndawg browndawg
Created: 3 years and 24 days ago • Updated: 3 years and 24 days ago
My buddies and I have been having a lot of trouble connecting to duckduckgo's XMPP server for 4+ days now. It gets disconnected every few minutes, and it happens simultaneously for all of us(we live in different parts of the country & have different ISPs). Are any of you guys experiencing the same issue? Is this known? Are they working on fixing it? If not, how do I bring this to their notice?

Extra details: We're all on pidgin + linux. Have been using the XMPP server for more than a year without any issues.

This forum has been archived

Thank you all for the many comments, questions and suggestions. Particular thanks go to user x.15a2 for constantly monitoring, replying and helping so many users here. To continue these discussions, please head over to the DuckDuckGo subreddit.

yegg
I apologize for the issues. We are aware of them and are in the process of fixing them. I just pushed a temporary fix and we're looking towards more permanent fixes in the next 48 hours.
posted by yegg Staff3 years and 24 days ago Link
browndawg
Awesome! It's been working just fine today.

As a side note, do you guys have a status page for this? I couldn't find anything online that confirmed that you were working on it or even if it was a known issue. Also got no response from @duckduckgo on twitter. A status page / RSS feed / tweet / whatever would be really great, no? Otherwise, people who depend on the service just start panicking. Or maybe just include the fact that you're having trouble in the title of the #duckduckgo channel on freenode?
posted by browndawg 3 years and 23 days ago Link
jbarrett
I like this idea - the lack of feedback on the community services is kind of terrible, completely agreed. It's a manual process and easily overlooked when something happens.

This should definitely be improved.
posted by jbarrett Staff3 years and 22 days ago Link
anonymous
Similar issue for me as well. I've only been on the platform for a couple of weeks.
posted by <hidden> • 3 years and 24 days ago Link
This comment has been removed for violation of our forum rules.
posted by <hidden> • 3 years and 23 days ago
This comment has been removed for violation of our forum rules.
posted by <hidden> • 3 years and 22 days ago