New region: Galiza/Galiza

<hidden> anonymous
Created: 3 years and 5 months ago • Updated: 3 years and 5 months ago
Hello ducks!

I think it could be nice to include Galiza as a new region. This is a very distinguish part of Spain as Catalonia, the Basque Country or others...
We have our language (Galician) and even our own domain, .gal, which was approved a few months ago.

It would be interesting to have this option to highlight the web pages written in Galician or those with our domain.

I guess that this region could be called 'Galiza' or 'Galicia' (as there is one called 'Catalonia'). As I said, this is not just related with language, so a region called 'Spain (gal)' would not be enough.

Please, do not start political debates because this is not about that. I just want DuckDuckDo to show the reality of the web and to improve the results, making easier to some people to find what they want.

Thank you so much.

This forum has been archived

Thank you all for the many comments, questions and suggestions. Particular thanks go to user x.15a2 for constantly monitoring, replying and helping so many users here. To continue these discussions, please head over to the DuckDuckGo subreddit.

xosem
bump!
posted by xosem Translation Manager3 years and 5 months ago Link
leitinho
Go go go!
I know this is an old post, but I totally support the idea. Unfortunately I don't know how to help...

Someone?
posted by leitinho 2 years and 5 months ago Link
anonymous
You can contribute translating the website into Galician, it's available here and not complete yet.
About the galician search results, maybe they don't have enough data for that language, who knows.
posted by <hidden> • 2 years and 5 months ago Link