Duck is cute, but . . .

<hidden> anonymous
Created: 3 years and 2 months ago • Updated: 3 years and 2 months ago
Duck icon is cute, but perhaps make it quack or fly around, something jazzy. Make the duck swim in a pond. My point being the "home page" is a bit dull.

I know the browser is brand new, but with all the different ways we can post background pictures, etc.

I had an idea that you could somehow incorporate in the background of the home page various placed "earth/world" cameras live streaming depicting places around the globe. So every you would open the home page you would be viewing a live city or place from somewhere in the world - similar to EarthCamTV.

This forum has been archived

Thank you all for the many comments, questions and suggestions. Particular thanks go to user x.15a2 for constantly monitoring, replying and helping so many users here. To continue these discussions, please head over to the DuckDuckGo subreddit.

Thanks for using DDG and for your post. Here are my thoughts on your topics:

- DuckDuckGo is a search engine and not a browser. A browser is a program (or app) like FireFox, IE, Chrome, etc that allow you to access internet site, including DDG.

- Most users spend very little (if any) time on the DDG "main" page as it meant to provide help\information links as well as a search terms entry field. Adding motion graphics and\or large images would not only increase the page load time, it would also be difficult to maintain with the large variety of web browsers used to access the page.

posted by x.15a2 Community Leader3 years and 2 months ago Link
if this happened i doubt that i would ever return
posted by buckeye 3 years and 2 months ago Link
The simple view is what's good.
posted by <hidden> • 3 years and 2 months ago Link
I completely agree the duck is cute, and I know the logical side that x.15a2 is speaking to also, but the home page is too simple. I think a duck walking with disappearing footprints behind him would help to solidify the brand and the idea of not tracking your online footprint.
posted by NixKix21 3 years and 2 months ago Link