Browser/device specific code changes

brians Staff brians
Created: 3 years and 8 months ago
We just released some updates to how our front-end JavaScript handles functionality for different browsers and devices. There should be no visible changes. If you experience any issues, please let me know.

Thanks!
Brian

This forum has been archived

Thank you all for the many comments, questions and suggestions. Particular thanks go to user x.15a2 for constantly monitoring, replying and helping so many users here. To continue these discussions, please head over to the DuckDuckGo subreddit.

Mallart
I don't know if it just me, but this morning I noticed few changes on the DDG site:
1) the logo and slogan are smaller (or at least it seems that way to me).
2) I recall there were 3 buttons below in which you type your query. Now there's only 2.

I'm using IE 11 (with inprivate + enhanced protection in all 4 categories) on Windows 8.1.

[http://i.imgur.com/9AhYDtg.jpg]
posted by Mallart 3 years and 8 months ago Link
brians
Yes, thank you for posting this! There was a small bug in the new logic for IE, releasing a fix shortly.
posted by brians Staff3 years and 8 months ago Link
anonymous
The results page suddenly is not translated anymore, every token is in english. Is it a bug due to this change?
posted by <hidden> • 3 years and 8 months ago Link
brians
Don't think it's related, but sounds like a major issue!

I can't reproduce it here, can you send over the URL for the search you're doing? Also what language are you using?
posted by brians Staff3 years and 8 months ago Link
anonymous
No prob, it's back to normal now!
anonymous
I just noticed the DDG homepage using QupZilla at the bottom displays only one rectangular box for "more infos", instead of the 3 circles. Is this an intentional change for minor browsers?